Among the various activities of the department, the SAE stands out with its many guest lectures by eminent personalities from academic and industries. In addition, frequent industrial visits to renowned industries is one of the key activities of SAE. The SAE also plays a very important role in mobilizing student participation by conducting various quiz competitions and seminars.
The department offers consultancy services in Chassis Design, Engine Design, FEA analysis, and CFD simulations. In the near future, the department aims to start Fuel Testing Laboratory, Advanced Automotive Electronics Laboratory, and a Research center for Alternate Fuels.
The various labs of this department are:
- Design Lab
- Engine Testing and diagnosis center
- Vehicle Servicing Laboratary
- Automotive Sensors and Controls Laboratory
- Automotive Electrical and Electronic Laboratory
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- CAD/CAM center
- Design center
- Heat Power Engineering Laboratory
- Energy Engineering Laboratory and Heat Transfer Laboratory